true
SANTA CRUZ 1kg @ $75/kg

SANTA CRUZ 1kg @ $75/kg

Mexico

$75.00

Arrived September 15, 2020.

Forward has 80kg of this Anaerobic Honey Geisha, from Finca Santa Cruz.

The Argüello Enriquez family are the owners of Finca Santa Cruz, a COE-winning farm, located near the Biofera del Triunfo bio-reserve.

Pepe Jose Argüello Enriquez, the youngest member of the family, took over the farm four years ago and decided to put his efforts into specialty coffee. He wanted to demonstrate Mexico's capability of providing great coffee to the world. He has successfully achieved the goal of putting his Mexican coffee amongst some of the best quality coffees on the planet.

In 2019, Finca Santa Cruz was awarded the highest score ever in the history of the Cup of Excellence Mexico, with a 93.04 for a natural Geisha. 

Forward has the privilege of working with Julio and Daniela of La Nacional Coffee to bring in top lots from Santa Cruz in Mexico, as well as supporting the logistics of other offerings Forward has purchased. This elegant, complex washed Geisha from Chiapas, is on consignment. For assisting in sales and marketing, Forward receives 10% of the sale price. The remaining 90% goes to La Nacional.

 

Variety: Geisha
Price per kilogram: 38.00 USD FOB
Process: Anaerobic Honey
Total kilos available: 80 kg
Harvest date: January 2020
Fermentation: 48-hour mucilage anaerobic fermentation in dark plastic tanks
Drying time: 2 days dried in direct sun on raised beds, followed by 22 days in shaded raised beds
Drying temperature: 32 °C Max. - 15 °C Min.  
Altitude: 1360 - 1750masl
Region: La Concordia, Chiapas
Rainfall:  1966 mm/year
Humidity: 40 – 50%

Stabilized: 96 days